The DemandCaster Retail and Distribution Advanced Forecasting and Planning core product helps you move beyond spreadsheets to forecast the sales of finished goods items based on an items entire sales history.
Use those forecasts with a supply plan optimized on your company’s service level objectives, realistic supplier lead times, and a multitude of safety stock models.
Then either download those forecasts into your ERP as a master production schedule (MPS) to drive your day-to-day material requirement planning (MRP) process or run full MRP and ordering within DemandCaster to generate replenishment orders. This can either be sent to your ERP system for ordering, shared with suppliers, or used for what-if scenario planning.
Many retail and distribution companies today still operate using one-size-fits-all supply chain model, leading to overstock and out-of-stock situations simultaneously. Planning Policy Segmentation Analytics is a visual approach for setting planning attributes that allows you to find the best supply chain processes and policies for your products and customers.
Here are some views and planning options for the core platform.
Custom Reporting Engine
Custom Reporting is included in DemandCaster’s base module:
- Create user specific custom reports using a variety of available data and report types that are outputted to excel.
- Create templates with calculated fields to enhance analytics beyond what is included in DemandCaster.
- Report types include basic excel reports, templates, pivot tables, and hierarchical grids (when S&OP module is enabled)
- Schedule a variety of DemandCaster functions to be executed on a scheduled basis. Sample of functions that may be automated:
- Data integration
- Requirement Planning
- S&OP process steps
- All Analytics
- Custom Report generation including email delivery