DemandCaster Capacity Planning, included in the Manufacturing Advanced Forecasting and Planning product, allows viewing the impact of open and planned work orders by work center and by location. It also enables you to review the requirement planning impact on work center capacity, by location, to identify constraints and reschedule load. In addition, the module supports the ability to create multiple capacity scenarios in S&OP, to address capacity constraints created during demand planning.
The capacity module is not a finite scheduling system. Instead, DemandCaster capacity planning module is designed to show users the impact of planned and open orders against the currently defined capacity. Thereafter, users can adjust capacity and reschedule orders as bottlenecks or over scheduled requirements are visualized.
- View rough cut capacity planning to identify short- and long-term capacity shortfalls and bottlenecks with both open and planned work orders.
- Schedule the number of hours per shift, the number of shifts, and start and end times by work center.
- Schedule non-working days and shut down periods.
- Create multiple capacity planning scenarios.
- Assess the result of the different capacity planning scenarios for short- and long-term planning.
- Update capacity planning and scheduling information on demand or on a scheduled basis throughout the day.
- Drill in to specific work centers to view work order schedules by day.
- Reschedule order quantities and due dates to remove over capacity periods.
- Run work order and scheduling reports on demand.