The DemandCaster Manufacturing Advanced Forecasting and Planning core product helps discrete and process manufacturers move their planning beyond spreadsheets to forecast the sales of finished goods items based on an items entire sales history.
Use those forecasts with a supply plan that is optimized based on your company’s service level objectives, realistic supplier lead times, and a multitude of safety stock models.
Then either download those forecasts into your ERP as a master production schedule (MPS) to drive your day-to-day material requirement planning (MRP) process or run full MRP and ordering within DemandCaster to generate replenishment orders. This can either be sent to your ERP system for ordering, shared with suppliers, or used for what-if scenario planning.
Many manufacturing companies today still operate using one-size-fits-all supply chain model, leading to overstock and out-of-stock situations simultaneously. Planning Policy Segmentation Analytics is a visual approach for setting planning attributes that allows you to find the best supply chain processes and policies for your products and customers.
Here are some views and planning options for the core platform.
Custom Reporting Engine
Custom Reporting is included in DemandCaster’s base module:
- Create user specific custom reports using a variety of available data and report types that are outputted to excel.
- Create templates with calculated fields to enhance analytics beyond what is included in DemandCaster.
- Report types include basic excel reports, templates, pivot tables, and hierarchical grids (when S&OP module is enabled)
- Schedule a variety of DemandCaster functions to be executed on a scheduled basis. Sample of functions that may be automated:
- Data integration
- Requirement Planning
- S&OP process steps
- All Analytics
- Custom Report generation including email delivery
Explode independent forecast, open customer orders, and dependent demand through BoM’s for component inventory setting and ordering. DemandCaster Bill of Material (BoM) Explosion adds the capability to explode finished goods forecasts to components and optimize inventory at all levels of the bill of material.
BoM Explosion Features:
- Explosions to components are offset by the lead time of the item(s) within each level. Users have the option to explode the BoM in daily buckets for a precise explosion and cumulative lead time calculation.
- If a level within a bill of material is stocked, BoM Explosion will not duplicate safety stocks at lower levels of the bill of material. Users do have an option to add additional safety stocks at these levels to add buffer inventory in order to accommodate any supply or demand variation.
- The “Clean to Build” color coding feature provides users with the ability to view if the item that is scheduled to be released to production has the components available to do so. It also exhibits relative availability of a given item to illustrate Available to Promise (ATP).
Review requirement planning impact on work center capacity by location to identify constraints and reschedule load. Create multiple capacity scenarios in S&OP to address capacity constraints created during demand planning (Capacity Planning Component).
DemandCaster Capacity Planning component adds the capability to view the impact of open and planned work orders by work center and by location.
- View rough cut capacity planning to identify short and long term capacity shortfalls and bottlenecks with both open and planned work orders.
- Schedule the number of hours per shift, the number of shifts, and start and end times by work center.
- Schedule non-working days and shut down periods.
- Create multiple capacity planning scenarios.
- Assess the result of the different capacity planning scenarios for short and long terms planning.
- Update capacity planning and scheduling information on demand or on a scheduled basis throughout the day.
- Drill in to specific work centers to view work order schedules by day.
- Reschedule order quantities and due dates to remove over capacity periods.
Run work order and scheduling reports on demand.